Phase 2 - AquaVet Clinical Evaluation Gyrodactylus spp
Evaluation Prepared By
Dr. Ra'anan Ariav - AquaVet Technologies Ltd.
HydroFLOW i60 unit.
This clinical evaluation has monitored the effect of the HydroFLOW water disinfection system on Gyrodactylus spp.
As such, we evaluated the following parameters:
- Presence of parasites in gill tissue and skin.
- Morbidity rate.
- Mortality rate.
- Three (3) large tanks (10 cubic meters each) were re-circulated for a period of 45 days in the AquaVet Wet - Lab facility.
- Tank 3 (disease resevoir) was stocked with 200 Hybrid Tilapia characterized by heavy presence of parasites.
- Tank 2 and 4 were stocked with 200 Hybrid Tilapia (each) free from infectious disease.
- Water was recirculated between tank 3 and tank 2 continuously, without any treatment.
- Water was recirculated between tank 3 and tank 4 continuously, with treatment by the HydroFLOW water disinfection system. All incoming water to tank 4 was disinfected, continuously.
- During 45 days of observation, overall survival rate in tank 4 (HydroFLOW Treated incoming water) was considerably higher when compared to the survival rate in tanks 2 and 3.
- The Tilapia population in tank 4 (HydroFLOW treated incoming water) exhibited improved health status by expressing a lower level of Gyrodactylus infection during the first 30 - 40 days of the clinical evaluation.
For the full evaluation report please click on the PDF.